Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Summer Lull

I never really considered how difficult starting a game site from scratch would be purely from a content perspective. Obviously, a game site is supposed to have insightful reviews and witty commentary, and in an ideal world it would all be about current titles. This wouldn't be such a big issue, except that in my brilliance I started this site in the middle of summer, where there's virtually nothing worth mentioning being released for several weeks, followed by about a dozen triple-A titles in September.

This leaves me with two options: Lay low until fall when the really meaty games start being released, or cannibalize noteworthy games that've come out in the past year. I flirted with that concept with the GTA IV review, which was released close to four months ago, but I digress. I'd rather be writing about old news than waiting for new news, so in lieu of Spore being pushed up to an early August release, you can expect to see late 2007/early 2008 titles being reviewed in the short term.

And besides, I can't afford to get rusty now, can I?